The experiences of a life-long Texan living in Toronto

Monday, November 21, 2005

Thumbs Up

I saw both Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and Walk the Line this weekend and highly recommend both of them.

I thought this new Harry Potter was the best of the series. The first two were okay, and I really liked Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, but I thought this one was even better. It was well-paced, beautifully filmed, and dang exciting. Lots of edge-of-your-seat moments and some pretty scary parts.

The performances in Walk the Line were both fantastic. I've never been much of a Reese Witherspoon fan, but she was awesome as June Carter. Joaquin Phoenix was very convincing as Cash, and the fact that neither of them sang before starting work on the film is simply amazing. They both sounded great. I also learned that June Carter wrote "Ring of Fire", a song you can't go to Lovejoy's in Austin without hearing at least twice from the jukebox. Did not know that.

1 Comments:

Blogger babs said...

I'm dying to see Walk the Line... it seems like it's perfectly cast!

btw, there's a nasty rumor that Lovejoys might be closing. The blame is on the smoking ban, but I have to give it credit for lasting so long. Here's the scoop:
http://www.austinist.com/archives/2005/11/18/is_lovejoys_a_potential_smoking_ban_victim.php

9:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com